Sch 40 DWV 280PSI PVC Question

Glue doesn't get hot. It might be a faster setting glue, but that only means that you can pressurize it faster.

All brands have fast set glue types. There's nothing special about any brand.

Faster setting glue is harder to work with.

As long as you use good quality glue and give it plenty of time to dry, it's fine.

While the regular PVC glue is fine for cold water, I use the All-Purpose that is good for PVC, CPVC & ABS, or the All-Purpose that is good for CPVC & PVC. The reason I keep that is so that I don't have to worry about whether I'm working on PVC or CPVC. Also the RV has ABS drain lines, so the ABS glue works on those.

Seems to be the safe way to go. Unfortunately, the regular clear PVC cement has such a nice consistency and a large applicator that makes it really easy to hit all surfaces. I can only find the All Purpose in a small jar.

A quick question. Local pool supplier/builder told me they only use "Christie" glue and primer. He said it gets much hotter to ensure good connection. Is that true?
The "hot" they are referring to is the speed the glue sets, not the temperature. If it does by some accord make a stronger connection then it would be some miniscule amount that wouldn't factor and to basic pool plumbing at typical pressures

Reactions: MyAZPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.