Scale/calcium build up products?

You can work on getting your csi slightly negative.
Is this a standalone hot tub?
What are your most recent test results?
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Salt
Water temp

I do have calcium ring around spa, it's decently thick. My heater has an issue that sounds like rocks being tossed around inside the heater, it only lasts a few seconds at a time. Tech said it's scale built up and breaking off.
Perhaps, it could also be the heater over heating. Does this noise happen on start up, on shut down of say the pump or at any specific time you have noticed?

I do have calcium ring around spa, it's decently thick. My heater has an issue that sounds like rocks being tossed around inside the heater, it only lasts a few seconds at a time. Tech said it's scale built up and breaking off.
As David said, it's much more likely an issue with your thermal regulator or bypass.

Water boils in the manifold and makes a racket like a garbage disposal. This won't improve on its own.

The only version of your tech being right, would be if calcium has locked your thermal regulator in place. In which case you're better off removing the T-reg and cleaning it manually.

It happens after the heater has been running for about 20 minutes, it then cycles on and off prior to reaching temp

I am waiting on a quote to replace bypass and thermal regulator. Any idea if these are hard to replace? Expensive to swap? Thanks

It happens after the heater has been running for about 20 minutes, it then cycles on and off prior to reaching temp

I am waiting on a quote to replace bypass and thermal regulator. Any idea if these are hard to replace? Expensive to swap? Thanks
Regulator is fairly easy. Also easy to test yourself.

Bypass is less straightforward. It requires removing multiple sensors and the entire manifold. Plus specific details on removing and reinstalling said parts along with the bypass. The item itself is very basic and simple. Just a hassle to get to.

We could walk your through it. It's not overly technical. Just time consuming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.