Sand in pool

Nov 3, 2011
I have been steady working on my pool. And this year, I have never had this problem before.
But I have like leaves, pine straw, and like fine sand in my pool.
There is nothing wrong with my filter nor my pump.
Even bought the leaf vac to be delivered next week via Amazon prime.
and hopes it will help.

ANy advise will be wonderful

I don't see a location under your username, but I'm guessing it's safe to say you don't live near the beach? With an AGP and no beach nearby, unless someone is tracking sand into the water with their feet, the only way I see sand getting into the pool is from your sand filter. If that's the case, there are a couple common causes. First, one of the laterals was damaged or disconnected when the sand was added, especially if some water wasn't added first to protect them. Second would be the sand itself. There are some lower quality pool sand products out there that simply slip through the laterals and make it back into the water. So if you are sure it's sand, those would be my suspect items. If you have any doubts about it being sand, you could post a full set of water test results and we'll see if anything is odd with those.

I was getting sand in my pool last year. The problem turned out to be a damaged lateral inside the filter, although I'm not sure what the actual cause was. Replacing the lateral itself was pretty easy once you can access them. But removing the sand (in my case 200lbs worth) to get to it was a bit of a chore. If that turns out to be your problem I highly recommend a wet/dry shop vac to help with sand removal.
Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.