Sand filter question

Sep 8, 2015
Union, NJ
Hi,
I've been having some pollen on the surface of the pool and decided to use a skimmer basket sock. Its been collecting what looks like sand but feels very soft. Does anyone know if that is what the pollen looks and feels like? Is it possible my sand filter is blowing out some sand into the pool? My water is clear and balanced. I often get a bit of dirt on the bottom of the pool that is easily sucked up by the vacuum, but was wondering if its something coming back from the filter. Thanks.

#20 pool sand doesn't float and doesn't feel soft. It sits on the bottom of your pool and feels like sand.

If the stuff is floating, it's pollen. A lot of us are having pollen issues right now, these pale flakes all over the pool. You can skim with a fine mesh net or put a skimmer sock in your skimmer. And wait for the pollen to go away! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.