Sand Filter not reading any pressure

Jul 10, 2015
Blackstone, MA
Hello! I opened my pool today and my pool filter is reading 0 psi pressure. It is a Hayward sand filter on a 20,000 gallon in ground vinyl pool. All jets are working at full pressure, it seems. skimmer has good suction, nothing else seems out of whack. Emptying skimmer and pump basket regularly. Is it most likely the gauge is faulty? Or is there anything else I should check?

Thanks!

thanks for your reply. The multiport valve is on "filter". I have backwashed successfully and put it back on filter. I don't have a recirculate option on my filter. Is rinse the same as recirculate? I only have filter, backwash, rinse and waste.

Hi pwise,
those standard plastic pool gauges go bad way too often. Since you have to replace it, I would suggest a glycerine filled gauge. The thing is very high quality and easy to read, unlike the plastic cheap ones. These are avilable on Amazon, maybe a big box store, but here is a link to the one that I bought. Ive had it 4 years and it still looks new. This thing is bad to the bone! Available in both bottom mount and back mount

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.