Sand filter- need for automatic cleaner- suggestions?

Fjvaughn

May 21, 2017
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Pool rookie. First season. Lots of learning. I have a sand filter that I replaced the sand twice and laterals/stand pipe once. There still appears to some sand at the bottom. But that's a whole other story.
I'm looking for an economic automated vacuum. There is a Polaris booster pump attached but the vacuum itself was dead so we threw it out. I'm open to pressure side as well as robots. 21k gallon in-ground. 16 x 32.5 x 9 ft deep. Vinyl liner. Sand filter that I don't like and pump that I would like to replace, but not right now.

Only a robot can also help you out with brushing. They can also pick up very fine stuff with the fine filters in, or just do the sand and other big stuff with the normal filters. There's a few threads here reviewing various models. Pressure-side cleaners have dwindled in popularity because of the extra electricity needed and better results with a good suction cleaner or a robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.