Sand Filter Help

Mrichey912

Jun 18, 2020
Texas
Seemed like dirt was getting through my sand filter so I decided I may as well change my sand and inspect the laterals. Inspection was fine but just to play it safe I went ahead and replaced the laterals and filled with new sand. Still seems like dirt is getting past my filter. When I vacuum the pool it looks great but the next day the pool is filled with dirt. The wind has been crazy here in Texas and it's very dry right now but I'm having a hard time believing THAT much dirt can blow into the pool in a single day. I haven't had any issues with this filter for the past 2 years since purchasing the home and this problem just started after trying to get the pool clean for this summer. Anything else I need to look at?

If dirt is coming through the filter it has to be getting into the pool to start with. The question is whether the dirt is too heavy to stay in circulation so it isn’t picked up by the filter system or if it gets into the system and comes through.

If it’s coming through the filter, it should be more concentrated near the returns.

It is more concentrated around the returns. I’ve moved the eyeballs around and notice the accumulation moves with them. I’m curious if there’s a way the multiport valve could be the issue or if the dirt in my area is so fine that it eventually makes it way through the filter. I live in an area with red clay and it’s super dry right now, the stuff turns to powder when theres no moisture.

My water chemistry is spot on and super clear. No algae….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.