Sand coming through jets when cleaning.

James I do have a filter sock. So should I fill the pool back up, put the sock in the skimmer turn the filter on and get in the pool and stir the sand up and let it run trying to collect the sand?? what about the vacuming idea?? thanks again BA

- - - Updated - - -

This is my filter guys: http://www.hayward-pool.com.au/shop/en/pools/24-in-sand-filter--side-mount--s244slv

Hi Brendley,
You are going to have to put more water in the pool and get the pump going again. If you want to vacuum to waste, it will cost you more water. Your sand filters valve should have a "waste" marking on it. Hook up the vacuum and turn the valve to waste and start the pump. Vacuum very delicately and try not to disperse the sand that you are trying to vacuum up.

Obvously, you will want to have let the sand settled to the bottom before vacuuming.

James idea of the stocking in the skimmer basket is an excellent idea. It will help filter the sand particulates out of the water that is sucked into the skimmer, before they can even get to the filter.

Thanks Dave,

So I have filled the pool up, put a stocking and a filter sock in the leaf skimmer, and gave it a vac. The stocking and sock defiantely caught a eski full of rubbish. and def got some sand. Its all a bit cloudy again now so I have turned the filter on cleaned the stocking and sock and put them back in the leaf skimmer. in a hope they will continue to filter out sand particles as they pass through the leaf skimmer. I will leave the vacume to waste option as a last resort as water is precious here in Queensland Australia. Bit of a drought going on so rain is as rare as hen's teeth. I will wait till thissarvo and then maybe giver another Vac. Again you blokes are legends. Thanks again. May it rain beer where you r!! Brendan

Good deal.

It might help also to put stockings over 1/2 of however many returns you have. If you have 4, put a stocking over 2 of them. As long as your flow out of the return isnt too much to blow them off, a couple of tight rubber bands should hold them on. Or you could screw out the eyeball and lessen the water velocity of the return and do it that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.