Sand appearing in pool after vacuuming

Wyard23

Jun 9, 2019
NY
Hello everyone,

Last year I started having sand show up on the floor of the pool after vacuuming. After doing some research I changed out the sand in my filter as it had been a while, hoping that the issue would stop. When I changed the sand I checked to make sure that all of the fingers in the filter were in good shape and they look great. I have vacuumed the pool a couple of times since opening it and I am still getting sand in the bottom of my pool within a couple of hours. Suggestion please?!

Are you able to pick up the sand and feel it? Does it vacuum up easily?

Sand does not 'wear' out so if the fingers were in good shape and the sand was appropriately sized, you should not be getting sand in the pool.

Does your filter have a multiport valve?

Are you able to pick up the sand and feel it? Does it vacuum up easily?

Sand does not 'wear' out so if the fingers were in good shape and the sand was appropriately sized, you should not be getting sand in the pool.

Does your filter have a multiport valve?
I cannot pick up the sand. It “churns” up if I wave my hand over it. It does vacuum up easily. Yes I do have a multi port valve

If the material goes 'poof' when you try to pick it up, it is dead algae.

Can you post a full set of test results from your own test kit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.