SAND ALTERNATIVE

Most of the contractor forums do not want DIY'ers around. They pretty much tell you that when you look at their rules and codes of conduct. I suspect it's a liability issue for anyone with a license. They're ok if you just browse and read but few, if any, will answer your questions and most will just be outright rude to a DIY'er ... I even gotten some pretty snotty responses on the Mike Holt forum. So don't feel bad, they're mostly jerks ... unlike us where we are mostly really nice jerks ...
I have never posted on those forums for that exact reason (attitude) - I just read what’s there, gather my opinions & move on. Generally my visits are more for confirmation purposes (interpreting newer codes etc) rather than something I am totally lost on. Since I am retired I assume I would now fall into the diy’r category there lol 😂. There are some really knowledgeable folks on the Mike Holt forum & also unfortunately some very rude ones as well.

Reactions: markayash
Do you have a water softener for home? Is it tied to the pool fill line? This would be another step towards keeping CSI in check.
Funny you should ask. I do have a water softener but pool is not looped in. I'm currently in the process of collecting bids for a new system (softener/carbon filter) because existing unit getting old/unreliable and was also considering looping the pool in at the same time. Have 1 bid from WaterTec.
Anyone else have any experience with whole house filter/softener and company/product/cust. serv. recommendations?
Thank you!

Funny you should ask. I do have a water softener but pool is not looped in. I'm currently in the process of collecting bids for a new system (softener/carbon filter) because existing unit getting old/unreliable and was also considering looping the pool in at the same time. Have 1 bid from WaterTec.
Anyone else have any experience with whole house filter/softener and company/product/cust. serv. recommendations?
Thank you!

I've used WaterTec for my softener and my kitchen RO system. When they installed the softener in 2018 they tied it into my autofill. It works flawlessly. You want the largest system you can afford and you want the Dual Eliminator system (GAC stage plus resin stage). Can't recommend them enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.