San Antonio - Tiny stuff on the surface!

Sotex

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Went out to test the water and started skimming. I see these tiny specs on the surface. I’m in San Antonio so don’t know if this is some pollen in the air or what?!?

Can anyone help?03755769-8C48-4067-B3F5-F56D0FB09F89.jpeg

Hard to tell SoTex. No doubt today was extremely windy. That stuff could've blow-in from miles around. If it just happened today, I'd chalk it up to Mother Nature and this crazy wind. Hopefully you have a skimmer sock installed to catch it if you are fortunate enough that the wind is blowing towards the skimmer. Now if this stuff was there before the wind, certainly post a full set of test results and we'll see if anything looks odd. Have a nice evening.

Reactions: Sotex
Hard to tell SoTex. No doubt today was extremely windy. That stuff could've blow-in from miles around. If it just happened today, I'd chalk it up to Mother Nature and this crazy wind. Hopefully you have a skimmer sock installed to catch it if you are fortunate enough that the wind is blowing towards the skimmer. Now if this stuff was there before the wind, certainly post a full set of test results and we'll see if anything looks odd. Have a nice evening.

After a couple of days of extra skimming and running the pool a little more and at higher RPM, things are back to normal. I'm confident your explanation is exactly what happened. It's crazy to think all that stuff is flying around and we don't notice until we see it floating on our water.

My water test results are good, so I'm thankful for that.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Those winds cause havoc for sure. I'm out in the country with no wind breaks, so I get junk blown-in all the time and sometimes significant water loss from evaporation on those windy days. Glad to hear you're looking good again. Now we can enjoy some very nice local weather for a while However I just washed two cars, so that may change. :brickwall:

Reactions: Sotex
Those winds cause havoc for sure. I'm out in the country with no wind breaks, so I get junk blown-in all the time and sometimes significant water loss from evaporation on those windy days. Glad to hear you're looking good again. Now we can enjoy some very nice local weather for a while However I just washed two cars, so that may change. :brickwall:
Enjoyed the spa last night. Thankful to live where we do!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.