Same tablets but different composition (?)

Gepool

May 3, 2022
-
Hello, all
Last year I bought a bunch of Astral triplex multiaction tabs (ASTRAL MULTI ACTION TABLET 200) for my pool. I have noticed that the specific tabs have too many of brown/gold "granules".
A couple of days ago, I bought exactly the same product (ASTRAL MULTI ACTION TABLET 200) but there are none of those brown/gold granules. There are only blue ones. Please take a look at the images below.

Any idea what is going on? I'm really worried now because I don't know if I should use these tablets or if it was a mistake that I used the older ones.. Were they damaged?
blue.jpgbrown-gold.jpg

The msds says they contain copper & sulfates - these are two things you don’t want in your water. The blue flecks are the halmark of copper in the product.
IMG_7620.jpeg
Along with that trichlor adds cya - the fc is comsumed but the cya remains & builds making it hard to maintain the proper fc/cya ratio
FC/CYA Levels
For this reason they aren’t recommend for daily chlorination- only occassional like vacations. And then only plain trichlor. Usually it will say 99%

Problems sulfates can cause include:
  • Sulfates can damage concrete & plaster
  • Excess sulfates in water increases the likelihood of corrosion on metal parts
  • Excess sulfates in splash out water leads to degradation of any concrete surfaces
  • Sulfates degrade the coatings on SWG plates
  • At high enough concentrations, sulfates can react with calcium to form spindly, needle-like crystals of calcium sulfate (gypsum)
  • While sulfates in vinyl pools is typically not as problematic as in plaster pools, scaling of gypsum crystals can increase the risk of liner puncture.[10]
Sulfates can only be removed by draining water.

Reactions: JamesW
Unfortunately this live chat is only for Australian end users. Is there an official Astral Pool (Fluidra) user account in this forum to help us determine the difference in the chemicals? I have already asked for more information in my local dealer but I doubt it if they are going to answer me.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.