Saltwater system

I may of had it backwards I’ll look. I have it hooked up after output of sand filter and then to return.
Do u have it going from the outlet of the filter to the swg then to the return jet of the pool? There are arrows on the swg indicating flow direction. If it’s backwards the flow switch flap will impede water flow.
Also did u bleed the system of air? You may need to do this multiple times if you didn’t fill the sand filter 1/2 way with water before putting in the sand.
I have a 1.5hp standard above ground pool pump & a 200# sand filter & never had a flow/pressure issue running the intex swg’s.
So I did have it backwards but doesn’t seem to matter as far as pressure. Air is bled out.
As soon as it’s hooked up running or not the pressure goes borderline yellow.
I have Intex 3000 gph sand filter

I would carry on -
When i hook my sprinkler & intex auto cleaner up pressure increases incrementally as they restrict flow a little. Note what clean pressure is when the swg is hooked up so u can backwash when pressure rises 25%

I would carry on -
When i hook my sprinkler & intex auto cleaner up pressure increases incrementally as they restrict flow a little. Note what clean pressure is when the swg is hooked up so u can backwash when pressure rises 25%
So it’s not dangerous for pressure to run 10?

So it’s not dangerous for pressure to run 10?
Red obviously isn’t good but every pump has its own “clean pressure” some are higher than others. There’s no perfect #. It going up a psi or so because of the restricted flow is not unusual or dangerous. My sand filter’s clean pressure is 11psi. Just be sure to backwash after 25% increase over your “new” clean pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.