kpoon

Jun 14, 2017
forestdale, ma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I just placed an order for a T-CELL-15 equivalent cell over the phone. The cost was $495 + $60 refundable core + $30 shipping. I'm replacing a T-CELL-9 for a 23k+ gal. pool. They will refund the core charge even though the cells are different sizes.

I was told the latest ship date would be 7/18, and it would take 3-4 days to arrive to MA from FL. The warranty is 12 months.

I decided to go this route because there were a lot of negative reviews on AMZN of the $899 cells (e.g., secondhand goods, early failure, short warranties, difficulty getting warranties honored). In order to ensure that Hayward honors their warranty, they want you to purchase through a B&M store; my local store couldn't get the T-CELL-15, and they were charging $1350 for the T-CELL-940.

Hope this is helpful to someone in the same predicament as me with a dying cell.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWMNMom
Welcome to TFP.

Let us know how the saltsolutions knockoff cell work for you.

Lately we have heard about some 3rd party cells giving high salt and amps readings.

I know you have already stated that you have cancelled your order, but I have experience with Salt Solutions that is relevant to this discussion. I have twice now ordered a rebuilt T-15 cell from them and both times the shipping of the replacement cell was immediate (I paid them whatever their core price was up front at the time). The rebuilt cell arrived quickly. The core charge was refunded as soon as my core was scanned for shipping back to them. Both cells performed well after installation. Overall I have been very pleased with the service they provided.

I know you have already stated that you have cancelled your order, but I have experience with Salt Solutions that is relevant to this discussion. I have twice now ordered a rebuilt T-15 cell from them and both times the shipping of the replacement cell was immediate (I paid them whatever their core price was up front at the time). The rebuilt cell arrived quickly. The core charge was refunded as soon as my core was scanned for shipping back to them. Both cells performed well after installation. Overall I have been very pleased with the service they provided.
I know it's only been a short time, but how has the cell performed? Any gotchas?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

1659809396285.png

From manuals to mock exams, everything you need to excel at your Chartered Financial Analyst® exams is right here with Salt Solutions.

Prepare using our all-in-one CFA learning experience and earn your charter.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

View attachment 443949

From manuals to mock exams, everything you need to excel at your Chartered Financial Analyst® exams is right here with Salt Solutions.

Prepare using our all-in-one CFA learning experience and earn your charter.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.