Salt Water Levels & SWG output

Bauer600

Sep 12, 2020
Fort Worth
I have a Taylor salt test kit on the way. Can't be here until Sunday. SWG (Jandy Aquapure 1400 shows 3000). Just happened to take my sample to Leslie's for the heck of it and they showed 1900. Anybody had this far of a discrepancy. I also have a Taylor Pool Kit

We have a new pool since July and SWG is only about 3-4 weeks old since turned on and running at about 75% output. My test reading for FC is less than that of Leslies in which I just cranked up the SWG to 85% Anybody suggest boosting to 100% and working backwards? Pool has been clear. We live in Texas get tons of sun in the pool.

Also does CH matter in a Salt Pool and should I raise it to the recommended levels?

My Readings vs Leslies

FC - .2
Cya - 70
Alk - 80
CH - 80
PH - 7.6
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 2.27.44 PM.png

Add liquid chlorine to raise your FC to 10 ppm this afternoon. Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight.
Maintain your FC at target level for the FC - FC/CYA Levels
What type of pool do you have? Please fill out your signature. If you have a vinyl liner pool, no calcium is needed.

If this is a plaster pool, your CH is way too low. Get your CH from 80 ppm to 300 ppm as soon as you can.

No reason to post pool store tests. We do not use them for guidance. Do your own pool water chemistry testing.

Add liquid chlorine to raise your FC to 10 ppm this afternoon. Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight.
Maintain your FC at target level for the FC - FC/CYA Levels
What type of pool do you have? Please fill out your signature. If you have a vinyl liner pool, no calcium is needed.

If this is a plaster pool, your CH is way too low. Get your CH from 80 ppm to 300 ppm as soon as you can.

No reason to post pool store tests. We do not use them for guidance. Do your own pool water chemistry testing.

Plaster Yes - Wet Edge - Pebble Finish

I have a 35 lb bucket of Chlorine tablets. Can I use those instead? (Pool Time Max Blue 6 in 1) Any reason to go to 10 PPM Specifically?

Ok, I checked the SDS sheet for them and its Trichlor and Boric Acid. So okay for short use as long as your CYA is low enough to handle the CYA those pucks carry with them. Each 8 ounce puck is half chlorine and half cya (aproximately).

Maddie :flower:

I have a 35 lb bucket of Chlorine tablets. Can I use those instead? (Pool Time Max Blue 6 in 1) Any reason to go to 10 PPM Specifically?
Trichlor will not add the FC quick enough. 10 ppm FC gets you just above the target level for your CYA. You can use 7 or 8 ppm FC if you like. Use liquid chlorine to raise your FC. That should be done now.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.