careingemt

Sep 11, 2013
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I just added a salt water generator (swim waves) this year (June 2022) which is rated for pools at 7,000 gallons. Optimum salt lelel is between 2500-3500. I used pool math to figure out the amount of salt needed in pounds. Tested my salt level with the TF-5600 test kit after 48 hrs and got 3600. Was advised this was ok. I figured out how many hours needed to run my pump to generate the chlorine needed to maintain my FC between 4 and 6 Which has given me no problems what so ever water has been crystal clear.

Did my Salt test today and I'm getting a result of 7,400 .....tested a second time and got 7,600

Did my Salt test today and I'm getting a result of 7,400 .....tested a second time and got 7,600
I'm not saying you're an idiot like me. I'm saying the brain shuts off while reading the test instructions to fill 25ml vial (to 10ml).

Many of us have fouled it up and used 25ml and gotten 2.5 X the result and margin for error. So step 1 is to confirm you used 10ml.

I'm not saying you're an idiot like me. I'm saying the brain shuts off while reading the test instructions to fill 25ml vial (to 10ml).

Many of us have fouled it up and used 25ml and gotten 2.5 X the result and margin for error. So step 1 is to confirm you used 10ml.
I have definitely never made that mistake. :oops:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.