Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Okay here goes...
Salt test kit (k-1766) says my Salt is at 5000. However, my SWG has the low Salt indicator on. I'm not sure which to believe.

Prior to this new issue all was happy happy happy and I had one of plastic lines disconnect from the pool 3 times draining the pool below the skimmer line. Probably lost about 6-8 inches each time (maybe a 1/4 of the water). So a day or so later my low Salt indicator came on and so I added some salt tge rest of an open bag I had (maybe half). Still on... went and bought another 40#bag. Slowly put it in as to not go over. My SWG generates between 2500-4500. The Light never went out.

I tested with my K-1766 initially it was like 6000 but we had some more rain and I think I tested before the Salt was dissolved well prior to the 24 hour wait. I tested yesterday and 5000. So what do you'll think??? Do I add or try to drain some and add fresh water. I don't know which way to go??

It's so much easier to maintain my FC with the SWG working. Help!

From what the experts in this forum say, the Taylor test kit is more accurate than the reading from your salt cell. I’m not familiar with your cell, but mine has the sensor mounted on the bottom and it screws off. If you can take your sensor off, you might want to clean it to see if it helps with the low salt indicator.

Reactions: Ebburns
Just did another test just to further verify the K-1766

5ml of tap water (which has 200 or less ppm of salt measured that separately prior) mixed with 5ml of pool water and read 2600ppm salt. So I'm going to put money on the correct reading from the test.

Used backwash then rinsed and dropped (14×48 round) pool about 1.5 inches. Added about maybe an inch of fresh. Brushed and skimmed to "stir" it real good and still LOW read. I would think that would have put it between the markers which are 2500-4500.

The cell and flow light are both green which means good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.