Salt generator HELP!

Fieldsycat

May 12, 2020
Bridgewater, MA
Hi guys - This morning i woke up and my salt light is bouncing between good and bad and my flow light is on red. I added 40lbs of salt yesterday afternoon. I emptied the skimmer basket which was full. What would be my next steps to clear this out.

Thanks!!

Is your filter dirty? What is your filter pressure versus clean pressure? What SWCG do you have? Adding it to your signature will help us help you.

I havent opened the filter to check it. I dont know how to read the filter pressure gauge. I dont understand the 3 pressures it reads. Sorry, very new to this. Its a Pentair SWCG - I will add that to my signature.
If there is a section on how to read the gauges, could you please point me in that direction?

Thanks!

Take a picture of your pressure gauge and post it.

Do you know what the gauge showed when the filter was clean? Do you know how to clean your filter? Does the flow back to the pool via the returns feel normal?

If your flow light is red, the SWCG does not read the salt level. You need to solve the low flow condition first.

Take a picture of your pressure gauge and post it.

Do you know what the gauge showed when the filter was clean? Do you know how to clean your filter? Does the flow back to the pool via the returns feel normal?
We cleaned it about 4 wks ago. The company replaced 3 grids and cleaned the rest of them. The flow seems normal. Looking at this gauge, does it seem like i need to backwash it? From what im reading, you backwash when the black arrow gets close to the red?

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 9
Ignore the colors.

When the pressure reaches 25% higher than clean pressure, it is time to clean the filter.

Did you see what the pressure reading was right after the filter was cleaned? It is at 16 psi right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your filter pressure has not risen above clean pressure and you are confident you have good water flow, I would suggest you place a warranty claim with Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.