Salt Cell working???? 0-2FC...

Aug 15, 2016
Aurora, Ontario
Good day,

Just had a quick question here regarding my salt cell. I just want to make sure it is working. I used to run the pump 24/7 (8 hours @ 2400 rpm and 16 @ 1700rpm) and have the salt cell at 40% which would always maintain between 3-4 FC. Then started to use the liquid solar blanket stuff (which recommended still water) so now I run pump for 18 hours (8 hours @ 2400 rpm and 10 hours @ 1700rpm). Didn’t adjust the salt cell and came out to test and had an FC of 0. Recently just upped it to 80% last night and did a reading today of 1FC. Should I just leave it for a a day or two and see if it will get back up??? Been swimming a few times and recently have been having a bit of a heat wave. Thinking maybe that with my change of pump run time may have something to do with it. It’s only around 2 years old and did a cleaning at the beginning of the year.

Also last time I tested my CYA it was around 60.

Thoughts comments????

Please and thanks

What are the diagnostic readings?

Does the system show no flow at low speed?

Maybe you're getting insufficient flow at low rpm due to a dirty filter.

The T-9 is a bit undersized for the pool, but it should work.

I recommend the K-1766 test kit to verify the actual salinity to make sure that the box is accurate.

You were maintaining 3-4 based on what test? Drop test or color change quick test? That is close enough to minimum FC levels that a drop in FC from reducing hours could have allowed algae to start.

Test based on the drop test, wasn't using pool as much either then we got a heat wave (which should continue through the week) which equals more swim time. So based on what's been mentioned that sounds like most likely scenario, just got behind and didn't plan ahead for the increase in swimming time/kids/neighbors. Thanks for the quick replies. I'll adjust through out this week and do a final post at the end. Thanks again!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.