Salt Cell Shelf Life

Seadweller

Aug 21, 2009
Tampa Bay Area
I've been watching the price of salt cells creeping up, and probably should have bought a couple last year when they were in the $200 range. If I do somehow come across a good buy on one, I'd like to get a backup/replacement, but my current cell is only a year old. The last cell lasted well over 4 years. Do these things have a shelf life, or can it sit in my closet for 3 years without any degradation?

I would think there is a virtually unlimited shelf-life. There are no electronic in them just a physical connection to the plates.

We get the cells by the pallets from distributor every spring, some has been stored for over 10 years, the plastic does turn a little yellow (if you compare to brand new one), but they are fully functional.

Actually we installed a lot of them in 2017 - 2018 season (Generic cell made before 2008), I would say over 95% did not report any issues so far. 5% bad ones are mostly due to build up on the cell plate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.