Salt cell questions, sand filter 3 ?s

Test the Salt like James said, the Salt level is still low so the amps will be low also. A dirty salt cell will also cause it to be low on the Salinity and Amperage but the Salt system should be on after you get the salt level up since you're in the 60's with
the water temp.

Their are lots of setting

e98f2e819b3e513e3db42339f8595a5b.jpg

And it is just being a pain to keep clean and I’m not in season yet ;(

fcefe2956eda2756d12267a3b4f10235.jpg

Ok, does it automatically work when temp right
Yes with Temp and Salt level correct the system works automatically. Test the Salt level like JamesW said to verify the actual salinity and if it is more than a couple of hundred off I would clean the cell and then let the system check it after the cell is clean.
I would also check your free chlorine and add if needed since you are getting into a temp that algae grows well in.

You're changing polarity. The salinity should be the same +/- 100 ppm. The fact that it's off means that the cell is probably bad.

The first 4 of the serial number will give the age of the cell. For example, 3E13 means that the cell was made in 2013 (3rd and 4th digits are the year of manufacture.

Check cell type in Configuration. Go to Configuration, press < and > at the same time to unlock, press > until it shows salt system, then press + then > to get to cell type.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That means that the water temperature sensor is probably bad. It's easy to replace.

Hayward GLX-PC-12-KIT 10K Thermistor Temperature Sensor with 15-Feet Cable Replacement Kit for Hayward Salt Chlorine Generators

I would get the salt right first and then see if the salinity is correct on both polarities.

Get a k-1766 salt test because it is the best test.

K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

I suspect that, based on the age and different salinity readings on different polarities, that you will probably need a new cell but let's confirm first.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.