Salt Cell keeps losing power (I think)

Apr 28, 2015
herndon, va
We just opened our pool and I replaced the salt cell - I bought a cheaper brand from Amazon to try out. When we started the pump it seemed to be working, but within a minute or so, I here a quiet click and the 'inspect cell' light comes on and the salt cell stops working (it has a clear case so I can see when it's working). If i turn my unit (Aqua Rite) off and on, the cell starts again and then the click happens and it stops.......... anyone dealt with this or know what it is? Faulty cell or issues with the control panel?

So last night the voltage and amp reading to the cell were normal but after about a minute, the control panel would click and the amp reading would drop down from 3.1/2.6 (whatever it was) down to 0 and the salt cell would switch off.

This morning, I went outside and the cell is firing ok - amp reading is in the 3s.

What's odd is the salt reading seems to have jumped overnight from 2200 to 5400ppm. My pool company opened the pool yesterday and the invoice they left didn't list any costs for salt - so seems odd it would be so high.

I did notice my cell is a T-15 and the Aqua Rite is displaying a T-3 cell size. Could that have anything to do with it? I'll see if I can change that tonight.

The wrong tcell setting will cause problems including a bad salt reading.

Reset to t15 and recheck all diagnostic readings.

You need to reset the display board if the settings keep randomly changing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.