Saga Green SWP what to do first.

I've just had one of them thoughts that make you smack upside your head...
SWCG is definitely faulty... and it doesn't matter what the salt level is.
It was working fine when I went away for a few weeks. During this time it didn't rain and no one used the pool. So even if the salt level had just dropped below the cut off level, adding 100kgs would have definitely taken it back over the threshold even with a decent bit of hysteresis .. at least I know where to start fiddling now...
Of course I still have to sort my pool chems out at the end of the month.. but the salt level quandary has subsided...

Last edited:
I'm working 12 hours shifts at them moment so not getting much time to fiddle with my Pool. So after deciding yesterday that my SWCG had a problem I did a few searches on this forum and found out some handy hints.
So yesterday if I started the SWCG it would think about it for up to a minute make various noises like it was working but then complain of code 91 low salt and shut down. Various folk have had luck changing the power outlet the thing is plugged in to and or reversing the plug on the cell itself.
Not sure why moving the power socket would do much unless there is a problem with the first one. However as mine has a euro plug on it and thus needs to go through an adapter (to get it to fit the UK socket) I thought I'd start there. So I did away with the adapter and powered it up from another socket. I then (as it's so easy to do) took the plug off the cell, reversed it and stuck it back on. I was pretty surprised when I hit the 'on' button and the thing worked !! I could see loads of bubbles being produced by the cell and though I couldn't stay with it for long by the time I'd given my daily dosing of Sodium Hypochlorite and done some brushing it was still humming away so fingers crossed. I'm fully expecting it not to last as there is obviously something wrong with it. Unfortunately the folk on this forum whom appeared to have the same success as I have, haven't given an update as to if it kept working or broke again the next day..

Well three day son and it's still going ... I'm guessing there must be a bad connection in the cell head somewhere and moving the plug around has altered it. If (when) it goes again I'll get in to the contacts and see what's going on.

Putting 2 liters of bleach in the pool every day and now the cell is bubbling away nicely the pool has changed from pea soup green to a pastel aqua blue. So though it is taking some time I think it is heading the right way. The rain is now hammering down on it and will obviously interfere with my good work..

Chlorine generator still working without a problem. So swapping the connection over and or moving the socket did it...
I can't find a taylor K-2006-c here in the UK.. I've been looking for a few weeks now. When I couldn't afford one I found it no problem. There are some K-2006 's though so would they do me ? or has anyone got any experience of where I might find one in the UK. Interestingly enough though since putting the 2 litres per day of sodium chloride in the pool and getting the generator working again the pool is back to Chrystal clear. I ran out of Chloride a week or so ago but the SWCG is keeping it sorted..

A K2006 is ok. You would need refills of the FAS-DPD and CYA reagents soon. So sourcing those would be a good idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.