Gallatin, tn
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I have a “16x41” foot pool. The real width and length is 15x40 at the coping. It’s a rectangular pool with no steps. I’d like to purchase a stock size cover because of the cost but it sounds like the warranty will be voided if it doesn’t fit right. I guess there are wear strips or something underneath that wouldn’t hit at the right spot if I oversized it.
1) even with the perfect size and everything it seems like there is so much wording and caveats that a warranty claim is unlikely to go through? Is this an accurate statement
2) most covers are 2’ over the listed pool dimension. For example, 16x40 is really 18x42. Is this necessary? If my pool is listed at 16x41 should I really have 18x43? Or actual pool opening 15x40 so I need 17x42?

does anyone have experiences with pooltux?

My looplock has about a foot overhang past the waters edge, but now that you mention it, it could easily be 18 inches (3 ft total) and i never noticed. I have no special edge overlap or folds besides the perimeter seam, but pooltux could be different. At my side steps it covers 5 ft of the patio on the sides of the steps perpendicular to the pool and has no wear from it.

1) most warranties are manufacturer friendly. Many even revoke your right to sue and force you to use arbitration instead. Thats not to say that no manufacturers stand behind their product, but if they decide not to, they usually don't *have* to.

2) @jimmythegreek ?

They are all oversized to keep the cover on the coping/decking. You need 3ft of decking all around to use paver or concrete anchors. Theres not much difference in standard to custom pricing on my end just the lead time. Are you seeing this cost as a DIY or a company doing the cover for you?

I've never used pooltux we deal with looploc and meyco

They are all oversized to keep the cover on the coping/decking. You need 3ft of decking all around to use paver or concrete anchors. Theres not much difference in standard to custom pricing on my end just the lead time. Are you seeing this cost as a DIY or a company doing the cover for you?

I've never used pooltux we deal with looploc and meyco
I'm only looking at DIY prices so far. My pool is a rectangle otherwise I'd probably pay someone to install. The exact measurements 178" by 479" or right under 15x40 foot. I'm measuring from the coping edge to edge. I have concrete pavers that are about 14" and I have just over 5' on 2 sides and over 9' on the other 2 sides in total deck space. So if I purchase a 16x40 it's really 18x42 and I would have 3' and 2' overhang.

I don't really care about an extra foot or so. I realize I'm probably too late for a custom cover for this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.