Safety Cover - replacement

az1441

Sep 6, 2011
Hi guys - been a long time since I posted here.

I need to replace the safety cover on my pool. My pool is underground - square 16x32 (no steps - just plain square) and had a solid safety cover on it.

Concrete walkway surrounds it and the holes and anchors are still in place for the cover hooks.

I do NOT have the old cover as it was so old and ragged that I discarded it.

Do most covers follow the same hook measurements? Is there a way for me to order a 16x32 cover and measure my current anchor hole placement and know if the replacement can use what I currently have?

sorry for being such a noob.. in retrospect maybe i should have kept the older one..

any help would be appreciated....

steve

Your old cover would have provided a pattern for a new cover to be made with the same anchor points.

You can try mapping out your existing anchor points and talking to custom cover manufactures and see what they say they can do.

Do you remember where you bought the previous safety cover? I bought mine from a local pool store and they kept the pattern in their records.

Last edited:
They either use 4 ft squares or 5 foot squares for the cover and the anchors are set accordingly. With a very common rectangle size like you have, free of outside steps or rock walls/ water features to make it custom, I imagine it would be real easy to find an off the shelf cover that fits your anchor pattern.

Reactions: az1441
You can do an "A/B" measurement of the pool and anchors.

Do the pool and then the anchors from the same A-B line.

The AB line has to be set back a little bit further than normal to allow the measurements to the anchors without getting too close to the AB line.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.