Safe to run DE filter grid with small tear?

reg967

Jul 20, 2022
Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I have an 36 sqft DE filter and one of the grids had a small 1-2 inch tear. As well, the small grid has several broken ribs, no tears, contained in the grid.

The grids are several years old and still work well with appropriate DE added. How concerned should I be about what I mentioned above? Is immediate replacement necessary? Is it OK to run as is and replace later? AM I missing something?

Thanks for all your help!

I have an 36 sqft DE filter and one of the grids had a small 1-2 inch tear. As well, the small grid has several broken ribs, no tears, contained in the grid.

The grids are several years old and still work well with appropriate DE added. How concerned should I be about what I mentioned above? Is immediate replacement necessary? Is it OK to run as is and replace later? AM I missing something?

Thanks for all your help!
Quick fix is to daub PVC cement over the tear. You can even use it to glue a small cloth patch over the tear. Semi-permanent repair we used to do to keep a pool in service until replacement grids could be installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.