Safe FC to swim and also when to start testing

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Hi. We are coming down from a slam. Right now we are at 23. Before we started The slam, our CYA was 70. (My search seems to indicate this is important)

Second Q. When will we get good results on the usual tests? I know that pH has to be a a certain level to be accurate but I forgot. I am anxious to test everything again....But I don’t know what level to start....

Hi. We are coming down from a slam. Right now we are at 23. Before we started The slam, our CYA was 70. (My search seems to indicate this is important)
You can swim when you can see the bottom (safety) and the FC is below SLAM level but above minimum for your CYA :) ~ FC/CYA Levels

Second Q. When will we get good results on the usual tests? I know that pH has to be a a certain level to be accurate but I forgot. I am anxious to test everything again....But I don’t know what level to start....
You can test PH once FC is under 10

Last edited:
You can swim when you can see the bottom (safety) and the FC is below SLAM level but above minimum for your CYA :) ~ FC/CYA Levels

You can test PH once FC is under 10
[/QUOTE]
Thank you Very Much! Yay. It’s 92 here and that pool is looking gooooooooddddddd

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.