Rusting Rebar

tiride

Apr 30, 2015
Neptune Beach, FL
I have two spots in my pool both in the bottom corners that appear to be rust from rebar. Both spots are 1cm or less. When I first saw them I swam down and hit the spots with a brush and I got a small reddish orange cloud in the water. Being that the spots are so small are there underwater patch kits to repair the spots? The spots are so small only I notice them because I know the pool so well. I'd hate to have to go through extensive repairs for such small spots and hoping there is a cheeper and simple solution. Thanks!

The rust stains will weep through any plaster over those areas.

The permanent fix is to drain the pool, expose the rusting rebar and cut it out, patch the hole with hydraulic cement and then plaster.

If you dig down to expose the rusting rebar you can paint it with rust-oleum or cut it out. I prefer removing the rebar so there is no possibility of the rust reoccurring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.