Rust spots on quartz plaster

JRW2022

Aug 9, 2022
OK
Moved from here.
I am having same issue w/ BB size rust spots in 3 month old quartz pool plaster. Spots have multiplied. I hve tried to get pool company out here for 2 months to inspect issue. They have ignored my requests. My pool maintenance guy and another pool builder believe it could be from small metal fragments w/in the aggregate OR Pool plaster company has old shotty equipment and metal mixer blades scraped against metal sides of mixer, thus depositing metal fragments into plaster being shot into pool.
Company that installed our plaster finally came back to inspect pool (after 10 wks of calls/emails) Guy scraped rust spot out and found a metal shard. They had no idea why or how. And they say its not their fault, they wont correct problem and they should be paid. My take is they installed a defective product. I will not eat the cost. So I am going to dispute payment/charge on my card for the $14k we paid for the upgraded quartz plaster. Credit card company fully supports decision.
Update: Discovered that pool plaster company quit plaster business during the 2+ months they ignored our calls/emails. They cancelled contracts with other pool owners that paid deposits. They 'got rid of or sold off their equipment'. How convenient.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KJB1
Welcome to TFP.

Have you tried rubbing a paste of Vitamin C on some of the spots?

Or put some in a sock and hold it on the spots?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.