Rust colored spots on mini pebble…

AmstaffNole

Feb 22, 2022
Melissa, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just had my entire pool chipped out and refinished with stone scales mini pebble in May of 2021. I haven’t had any issues at all until recently. Earlier this week my wife said she noticed a small rust stained looking area near our steps….she tried brushing it and I didn’t think much of it. Today we noticed multiple areas around the steps that are now stained. I have no idea what it’s from and brushing it didn’t make a difference. The pool is maintained professionally weekly as well. What options do I have to try and remove these stains? Here is a pic of the area though it’s more obvious in person…1926D1D3-A2DB-4098-958E-06F1B8A0BD32.jpeg

The pool is maintained professionally weekly as well.
Believe me when I say that only means "expensive" and not always better. :) In any case, have you tried rubbing the stains with a Vitamin C tablet? Do that first and let us know if it removes the stain.

Believe me when I say that only means "expensive" and not always better. :) In any case, have you tried rubbing the stains with a Vitamin C tablet? Do that first and let us know if it removes the stain.
Lol I definitely understand….I guess I stated it that way to say some semi competent person handles chemicals instead of myself as I don’t have faith in myself to do it correctly regularly haha…..nevertheless I am in my truck on my way to the store to pick up some vitamin C as I read multiple places about vitamin C….fingers crossed it actually works! The only thing I can think of is some fert/milorganite dropping in ….the grass is about 5 feet away and I always blow off the deck and am careful…but maybe a few got in there…that would just be my luck smh lol. Thanks for the quick response tho!

Reactions: Texas Splash
So do I just rub the whole tablet on the area like I’m scrubbing or crush it up? What’s the best play here?
You can rub a Vitamin C tab directly on the stain, or place a bunch of them in a thin sock/nylon and rub it that way.

Reactions: Pat60
You can rub a Vitamin C tab directly on the stain, or place a bunch of them in a thin sock/nylon and rub it that way.
ok so vitamin C really didn’t do much….as I was scrubbing tho I noticed some spots on my coping and pool deck….i believe it’s from the surrounding trees…definitely looks like some
Organic matter leaving a reddish/brown/purple type stain….my pool company called after I emailed and said that normal pool chemicals and brushing will eventually take it off. Also recommended SC1000 as preventative….does that sound about right?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 336F47D6-1A48-48DB-A822-0D8FA0E6D823.jpeg
    336F47D6-1A48-48DB-A822-0D8FA0E6D823.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 880494B8-F35E-4DE5-AF0F-BC8037A75713.jpeg
    880494B8-F35E-4DE5-AF0F-BC8037A75713.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 5
does that sound about right?
Could be tannin stains from trees and such. Yes, chlorine is the method. Give it some time. If it doesn't start to disappear in a week or two you can try slightly more aggressive chlorine treatments like increasing the FC level or rubbing a chlorine tablet around the area.

Reactions: AmstaffNole
full

Reactions: AmstaffNole

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.