Running pool robot before turning pump on

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
Hi, I have a warrior SI. I removed the cover today to find a green pool but not nearly as bad as other years. I can see the main drain at 8+ ft. My husband typically removes the return covers because they are hard to reach with a 2ft rock wall but he can't do it until later this week. I'm thinking of throwing my robot in to do some vacuuming and to help circulate the water before I take my first water test. Is that ok? Thanks!

It will move around the water some but you really should have the pool pump operating to get it fully mixed. The robot would also clog up its filters pretty quickly if algae is in the pool. Best to get the pump running, do your testing, and start your SLAM Process prior to using the robot.

Reactions: patplh
Thanks for responding. I suppose I should be a little more patient then. Hehe. Just excited, I guess. I usually open the pool with it caked with leaves but used those water tubes around the deck and they really helped prevent leaves from slipping under the cover.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.