Bwdonohues58

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 22, 2019
Homer, AK
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool uses about 1-½ to 2 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine per week. I currently use the HTH brand (10%) that I have always bought from Ace Hardware here in Homer, AK. I have 12 gallons left and I know that I will not be able to get more any time soon. I am afraid that I will have to switch over to a commercial bleach product at the grocery store. I realize that the Clorox product is not recommended for pools (Cloromax) but I am wondering about the Safeway brand? We have a very limited selection/availability here. Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, etc. all say no (plus they are 1-½ hours away). In Anchorage, 5 hours away, they sell bulk chlorine but the minimum amount is 15 gallons and the cost per gallon is astronomical. I am not even sure they have any in stock anyway. I truly think that until the plant in the Lake Charles, LA area (that produced LC until the hurricanes) comes back online, I will be dealing with this shortage. Any advice would be appreciated.

You won't be closing your pool for the winter? 12 gallons would get you through early November if you're using 2 gallons a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.