Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2022
Spring Branch, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have my pump running every morning from 9am-1pm at 1800rpm. On Tuesday and Friday, I have my Paramount infloor cleaner running from 9am-Noon, at 2400rpm. Should I run the infloor cleaner outside the hrs when my pump is going? Say 1pm-4PM so I get additional circulation time on Tuesday and Friday? Bill

Last edited:
Circulating your pool should be done for specific reasons - mixing chemicals, skimming, running your cleaner system. If the current times you have scheduled are keeping your pool clean and fresh - then that should be fine. While additional circulation does not affect anything - other than energy costs - you can schedule more time. For instance - I always like the pool circulating when people are in the pool.
Note - if you had a SWCG - you may need to run your pump longer to get the desired output for chlorine but since you are using LC, then you just really only need to mix the water after adding.
Always run your pump for minimum 30 minutes after any chemical additions.
Are you doing your testing and chemical additions in the morning when the pump is running?

Circulating your pool should be done for specific reasons - mixing chemicals, skimming, running your cleaner system. If the current times you have scheduled are keeping your pool clean and fresh - then that should be fine. While additional circulation does not affect anything - other than energy costs - you can schedule more time. For instance - I always like the pool circulating when people are in the pool.
Note - if you had a SWCG - you may need to run your pump longer to get the desired output for chlorine but since you are using LC, then you just really only need to mix the water after adding.
Always run your pump for minimum 30 minutes after any chemical additions.
Are you doing your testing and chemical additions in the morning when the pump is running?
Thank you for the reply. Makes sense. Yes, I’m doing testing, adding chemicals and brushing in the morning when the pump is going. I’m also running my pool at night, 11-5am at 1200 rpm. Needed? The water is crystal clear but I was questioning all my run time for efficiency. Do I really need to run my pump and infloor cleaner at the same time and run the pump at night. I did have my cleaner on for 5 hrs for Tuesday and Friday but I dropped it back to 3 hrs. It’s cleaning effectively at least during these winter mths when no one is in the pool. Honestly, with my rpm being variable, my electric bill is under $7 per mth. I guess it matters it’s a small pool. My numbers are good, electricity is low, water is clear, maybe I shouldn’t mess with the formula?

I’m also running my pool at night, 11-5am at 1200 rpm. Needed? The water is crystal clear but I was questioning all my run time for efficiency. Do I really need to run my pump and infloor cleaner at the same time and run the pump at night.
It does not hurt to run you pump at night - you state you have very low cost. I run my pump 21 hrs but I have a SWCG so it runs majority of time at low RPM and higher RPM for skimming & I have a pressure side cleaner which requires my main filter pump to be on. But even before a SWCG, I ran my pump at night to circulate the water because I have several trees nearby. Your filter pump needs to be on to run your infloor cleaner right? So those 3 hours are good and it also creates a good skimming action. I think what you have set up is NOT an overkill.

It does not hurt to run you pump at night - you state you have very low cost. I run my pump 21 hrs but I have a SWCG so it runs majority of time at low RPM and higher RPM for skimming & I have a pressure side cleaner which requires my main filter pump to be on. But even before a SWCG, I ran my pump at night to circulate the water because I have several trees nearby. Your filter pump needs to be on to run your infloor cleaner right? So those 3 hours are good and it also creates a good skimming action. I think what you have set up is NOT an overkill.
Great to hear I’m on track. Thanks again for the feedback!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.