Run time and best practice for IC60

Jun 2, 2015
Kingston ma
hi guys,

just got a new IC60 after my last one failed after only 3 seasons in the northeast. i was mostly running at 40% for about 12hours/day at 1700 rpm's with my intelliflow VS and i cleaned it typically 1x during season and 1x at end. Probably too much from what i have reading on the forum but other than that seemed like it wasnt too far off. i was pretty disappointed with how long it lasted but opted to give it another shot. When i checked how much was used on the old cell it said only 20% so i should have got more out of it that i did. I tried to replace the flow switch but still got a low salt reading and pentair said it just failed. So my question is was i doing something wrong like running the pump too long or was it just a bad cell? is there . something i should do differently this time around or are there best practices? Is it better to run it at higher output for short times or lower output for longer times?

thanks in advance . this site has been tremendously helpful

The cell works on a On/Off system, so the percentages you see in the settings is how long its on in a 1 hour period. So its either on or off. I run mine always 100%. About your cell it was probably the thermistor and not the flow switch, if you can still rescue it you will have a spare. There are plenty of threads on how to replace.

Reactions: gary300
Correct. But if you got a low salt reading with the new one, that is odd. Did you test your own salinity of the water?

We have several members using separate temperature sensors installed in their plumbing to replace the one in the Pentair flow switch.

The normal failure mode for an Intellichlor is to report Check Cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.