Round semi in-ground pool next to a deck?

thelastdefenders

Jul 13, 2020
i accidentally bumped across while searching reviews on intex xtr pool last month. Since then I am hooked up and reading through all the posts. Thanks to all the members for valuable information and advice on nearly every topic.
With limited availability, I finally decided to go with a 24ft Monument round above ground pool (52"). I got the permit approved and now waiting for the installer to confirm the schedule. This pool can be put semi in-ground. Is it a good idea to put it about 16" in-ground? I have a deck which is around 36" above ground and has railings around. Should I put the pool next to the deck and later on extend the deck to wrap around the round pool? Or just install it as above ground

depends on what you want to do. I put mine about 10 feet away from my deck with the thought of building onto the deck next year. It is a total pain to not have a deck for the kids to just jump in the pool. Just make sure you follow your cities zoning codes. Mine said the pool had to be 10 feet away from any permanent structure but was ok to connect a deck to the pool.

also I put my pool about 24 inches in the ground on 1 side. Keep in mind you will probably be charged more by your installer for excavation and your pool will probably rust faster unless you bought an all resin pool.

I think for sure it would to an extent. Aluminum should be better than steel so you might be ok. Maybe someone else will chime in that has an aluminum pool. I buried my steel pool this year so can't really say how its holding up because its new. If I get 15-20 years ill be happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.