Ocean Springs, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi so the balancing act with out little above ground pool is always a fight. (It's an Intex 15' x 48) The water is currently bright green, my testing is: FC 3.5, CC 1, PH 9, TA, 140, CYA 40. Because of this, I added three cups of acid this morning so I'll test again at lunch time. There is NO debris in the pool, I hooked up the vacuum yesterday morning so that the water going through the filter is from the bottom of the pool, rather than the top. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I've swept down the walls and the bottom to completely dislodge anything that may have been attached to the liner. What am I missing or not understanding?

LOL...I know the reading for pH stops at 8 - it was just SO off that I tossed the next number up there. SLAM seems to be working, I can see the bottom of the pool again. Still a little farther to go, but I very much appreciate your help!

the ph test can read falsely at fc levels over 10ppm.
Wait Until u get your ph down to begin SLAM Process.
You shouldn’t guess @ ph nor make large changes of 1 or more.
The safe way to go about this is - In PoolMath Put 8.2 (the highest readable ph) as your “current” ph & 7.6 as your target 🎯
Add the amount of acid it says, let the water circulate, test again in 30 minutes. Repeat the process until u get a readable ph - at which point u would then lower to 7.2 & begin slam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.