Rough surface possible stain after opening

Murray16

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Mar 30, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Hello,

See below pic for rough what I'm curious about.

Not sure how to get rid of the photobucket label in the middle, but you can kind of see what I'm asking about above and below it, just behind the cleaner and right of the cleaner hose.

I've been open for about 2 weeks now and the water was cloudy when opening and I had some leaf/worm, etc. stains on the bottom. I slammed for a week and cleared those up. This hasn't changed much though. I haven't felt the surface as the water is still 57 degrees, but when I go over it with a brush, it's defintely rougher than the surrounding plaster.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what it is, what may have caused it, and can I do anything now to make it better. Maybe is scaling from high PH over the winter? I've been going over it some with a stainless brush and that may be helping some with the roughness, but not with the appearance. I waited till late in the year to close and the levels were perfect.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

You can get rid of the photobucket banner by paying them money, clicking through to display the pic, or loading your pic directly to the TFP site.

How old is your plaster?

Post a complete set of test results with your CSI.

Are the stain areas smooth or rough to your hand?

Follow the stain identification process in...

I'm not sure if it's rough to my hand, the water is still too cold for me to try it. I've only been going over it with a brush and it feels rough. I get a lot more resistance in those areas when the brush hits them.

I have read that on the stains and searched the forums some. Once it warms up some I'll try some wet sandpaper to see if it helps any.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.