NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Have a new pool installed and on the sundeck there are two rotating eyeball returns like in the picture below. One keeps getting stuck every so often and doesn’t spin. I read that sometimes pressure can be too low and they won’t spin freely but it feels the same on all returns. Filter pressure is the same it’s always been but maybe it’s time for a backwash (I’ve read that low return pressure is a sign of a dirty filter too and not just a bump in filter pressure). I unscrewed it and it’ll all clean from debris and so is the return hole so I’m not sure why it keeps doing that. Doesn’t affect anything but just bothers me it keeps getting stuck, especially when vertical because the water jet disturbs the surface. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 201C416A-B1D8-4F67-9909-F9E8801E8F46.png
    201C416A-B1D8-4F67-9909-F9E8801E8F46.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 0
It may be a messed up one, can you get a new one and see if it does it.. Ahhh, test it out and switch the 2 you have, if it moves with it, it is the eyeball.. if it stays on the return then it is a return issue :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.