Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2020
London U.K.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve been creating post from my iPhone and uploading photos. Some are too big for the site limit but if I upload by selecting Large image they seem to rotate (I know there is a warning not to change size). Is there any way to rotate those photos from on iPhone?
I haven’t tried to log on via pc as I rarely use it.
example in this thread Uk - Intex Xtr 18 x 9 build

After @Leebo catches up on the Forum updates he should be by to explain the latest in the way the TFP server handles pics.

Reactions: BoringDamo
This is a headache caused by Apple that we’ve got zero control over. When allowing Apple to reduce the quality one of the things they do is strip the photo of Metadata. This means the server has no idea if the photo is portrait or landscape. Since it’s clueless, it just defaults to…..we’ll I can’t remember which it defaults to. 😂

Best way to avoid this headache is to first avoid taking photos using HDR. Turning that setting on causes the file size to go much larger. Second, if you photo is larger than 4GB (or maybe 5……I don’t remember) use an outside source to resize your photo. There’s several free online sites out there.

This is a headache caused by Apple that we’ve got zero control over. When allowing Apple to reduce the quality one of the things they do is strip the photo of Metadata. This means the server has no idea if the photo is portrait or landscape. Since it’s clueless, it just defaults to…..we’ll I can’t remember which it defaults to. 😂

Best way to avoid this headache is to first avoid taking photos using HDR. Turning that setting on causes the file size to go much larger. Second, if you photo is larger than 4GB (or maybe 5……I don’t remember) use an outside source to resize your photo. There’s several free online sites out there.
Thanks. Makes total sense (honestly it does, I’m a software engineer by trade). I’ll have to remember to change my camera settings when I’m taking photos of my pool build!

(ps it looks like the upload limit was around 10Mb per photo).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.