Roger's Pool Build

Unfortunately its supposed to be around 50 for the lows this weekend so Im guessing the water will still be a little chilly. Water temp was 64deg this morning.

I have quite a bit of landscaping to keep me busy though!

The pool is full. I am finishing up some landscaping then getting the flagstone installed on the deck and the sundek applied....

The blue pacific coast finish turned out nice.

041207005a.jpg

The water cleared up in about a day and a half. With only 15k gallons my pump probably gives me over 4 turns a day when its on full speed. After I finish with all my landscaping (creating lots of dust) I plan to test lowering the RPM on my Intelliflo pump way down. I can run my pump anywhere from 400 to 3450 RPMs.

We chose Franciscan Tan for the sundek finish. It was the best choice with our flagstone and house paint color.

Had my "pool school" yesterday. My pool builder put all my paper work and equipment manuals in digital form on a usb drive for me, thought that was a nice touch. I have the hardcopies as well but its good to know I can store that usb drive in the "pool file".

OH MY now its my job to keep the water clear! Total newb when it comes to pools but am somewhat comfortable with water chemistry, testing etc. I will probably do my first water test later this afternoon.

I will definitely need to study the EasyTouch manual as there are loads of settings you can tune/tweak on it. I will fight my urge to tweak all the settings for as at least a few weeks so I dont screw it all up! My PB programmed my wireless controller and setup some "macro" type settings on it. One button adjusts the speed of the pump and turns the heater on and switches the valves to recirculate water to the spa, one button is for the air blower for the spa, one button is for the lights, and one adjusts the pump speed and kicks on the pool cleaner. There is also a regular pool button that adjusts the pump speed and sets the valves back to recirculate with the pool. On each setting I can set what RPM's I want the pump to run at which is cool. You can hear the pump spin up to different speeds when changing programs which is awesome for an equipment nerd like myself.

I have most of the landscaping completed. I still need to mulch and get some sod replaced. I have about 1000 sq ft of sod to be replaced and that is with adding over 900 sq ft of new hard surface decking in the back yard.

The flagstone inlays are complete but still waiting on the sundek to be applied. I havent pressed them too hard on the sundek as I have been tracking lots of dirt on the patio with all the landscaping work.

I will post another picture when I get the decking/patio finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
divnkd101 said:
Fabulous looking pool. It really turned out great. Have you gotten in yet. The kids and I got in this weekend. Congrats on the completion. :D :D

Actually yes the kids have been in and out a few times although the pool temp was around 78. I heated up the spa to about 85 and they had fun in there. We oversized our heater so it brings up the temp in the spa in mere minutes.

SeanB said:
Looks great. That side area for the table and chairs turned out nice too. I know it's a small detail, but I like that they used pvc that matched the color of your equipment. That wouldn't have ocurred to me to ask for that but has a more professional look.

I measured the side area to fit a "60 round table and 6 chairs. They are kind of hard to find so we may go with a "54 round instead. We had the room and decided to leave the area between the house and pool for lounge chairs.

For the equipment PVC, the make ready team actually painted all the PVC to match the Pentair equipment. Honestly the main reason I went with the company I chose (http://www.castelrockpools.com) was that I liked the way they did their plumbing and that they use the Paramount MDX drains. The other builders I interviewed didnt run separate direct lines from each skimmer and a another from the main drain back to the equipment pad. I like the flexibility to be able to tune both skimmer suction levels via a valve at the equipment pad. With the MDX drain and ADR canister, I just change the suction to be from the main drain only (turn off skimmer suction) and jack up the speed on my pump and sweep to the main drain. Then I can just empty the ADR skimmer bag.

The only issue we really have is the wireless antenna was mounted too close to the load center (controller). It gets too much interference from the load center and the range isnt very good. I checked the manual and it says to mount it at least 10ft from the load center and/or air blower. So I will get that moved.

I realize now it would have been nice to go with the Easytouch 8 circuit system instead of the 4 circuit system. I would give me more flexibility on assigning more functions to be availale without having to manually switch valves and pump speeds.

The sealant/mastic between the flagstone coping and the sundek was completed last week.

I was able to seal the flagstone yesterday. When the sun comes out I will take some more pictures of the stone after the sealant. I am really happy with the outcome and hope this helps reduce the dusting of the flagstone.

I chose a color enhancer and a sealer all in one because I like the dark appearance of the Oklahome Wister that it gets when its wet.

The product I used is Enhancer Pro from http://www.stonetechpro.com/. It was very easy to apply with a 4" sponge roller and an extension handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.