Rocky's reel worth it???

suzook

Apr 15, 2014
Stony Brook, NY
My old reel is about done. Wondering if the Rocky's is worth the price??? My current reel has cranks on both ends, which I like, because sometimes I have to go to other side to straighten cover a little bit. I'm also worried about the tiny casters on the 3a, which I'm considering. Thoughts? Other reels to consider? Thanks

Members are really liking their Vingli reels this year and last. Time will tell if they hold up.

I had the better Rockys reel which is now sold by GLI and has to be bought in pieces. It was a tank, but I likely wouldn't spend 4X as much on it as the Vingli now.

I bought the 3a. I have a large (20x40) pool, with a 12 mil cover. Had a 16 mil a couple years ago. The Rocky's is a tank and handles the large, heavy cover with finesse. The casters are large and work exceedingly well. If I ever need to buy another reel, it will be a Rocky. The last one I had was a Vingli type and it sagged, finally gave in to the Rocky's.

I currently have a reel similar to the Vingly. I have a 40 lb bag of sand at each end of the reel to hold it in place while I pull the cover off the reel. Otherwise, it would slide into the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.