Rocky/rocky ground - setting up intex metal frame

Hello everyone,
I would really appreciate some suggestions or feedback. Also if I’m posting in the wrong area please let me know. So like many I grabbed the only pool I could find. Very thankful I did because it’s not been easy. We are calling it our trial pool! So where I live the ground is all rocks. Once you dig down an inch or so it’s river rock and PV stone( quite soft but has edges). The ground is also quite sandy. We’ve dug down about 5 inches on one side due to having a very uneven yard. The layer of rocks do not stop. Most are 1 inch in diameter or less some are 2 to 3 inches so obviously we’re pulling those out. We have also not hit a hard ground later I believe due to sand. We aren’t that far from ocean.
If I can ever get us level I was going to shore up the side with the slope with a board and then rocks to keep it from shifting down towards the pool it’s about 5 inches higher than our lowest side. I’m thinking foam pad or carpet underneath the pool I don’t know if sand would help . This pool is going up on top of rocks there is no picking them out. Does anyone have advice on our slightly sloped rock garden. Thank you so much.

Yikes... can we see a photo of your ground?

i think in your case I would build a box for the pool. Some fill them with sand, but others have said to use crushers (crushed rock, it has other names that escape me at the moment) because sand will shift. Here’s an example, but the box should have enough room around the sides, and allow enough depth the keep any large rock edges from breaking through.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.