robotic warranty experience and thoughts

My Dolphin, while it runs and has no mechanic issues, has a 3 yr warranty (1 yr left), but spends more time on drains than cleaning, defeating the purpose. It was my first robot so I didn’t have enough experience to know what I wanted or needed.

I had the same issue initially. Don't know if you tried this or if it'll work for you, but someone advised turning off the main drains while robot was in use. I tried that and it hasn't been a problem since. The vac still gets hung up occasionally, but without the suction it frees itself pretty quickly. At least that's been my experience.

I had the same issue initially. Don't know if you tried this or if it'll work for you, but someone advised turning off the main drains while robot was in use. I tried that and it hasn't been a problem since. The vac still gets hung up occasionally, but without the suction it frees itself pretty quickly. At least that's been my experience.

Hi, appreciate the suggestion. Yes, unfortunately I’ve tried that without success. It doesn’t appear to be a suction issue in my case. Rather the unit perches itself flat on top of drain and spins, unable to gain traction to free itself. Have tried every aftermarket workaround and hideous drain cover without success. Am replacing my Dolphin Z5 either way.

Are you near a Leslies? The P965IQ is the same identical model, just in different color, White & Silver. If you buy from them direct, you will get the warranty.

I wouldn't buy one without a warranty and wouldn't buy any pool cleaner without one, too much $ to risk.

While I’m not quite local to a Leslie’s, I will be making a short trip in a couple weeks to an area with a couple of their stores. Called today and they had 4. Also, if you register with their warranty card, you get a 3 yrs warranty. From all I read, these 4WD Polaris unite (9450,
9550, etc) don’t have this stuck drain issue, the 9650 is supposed to be the 9550 with WiFi which I can benefit from while traveling. Hope to pickup one from Leslie’s for just under $1,500 with a $75 rebate through March 2019. Not to mention the Polaris cord is 70 ft, about 20 ft longer than my Dolphin.

Hi, appreciate the suggestion. Yes, unfortunately I’ve tried that without success. It doesn’t appear to be a suction issue in my case. Rather the unit perches itself flat on top of drain and spins, unable to gain traction to free itself. Have tried every aftermarket workaround and hideous drain cover without success. Am replacing my Dolphin Z5 either way.

Well, look at the bright side....you probably have the cleanest drain covers in the area!

While I’m not quite local to a Leslie’s, I will be making a short trip in a couple weeks to an area with a couple of their stores. Called today and they had 4. Also, if you register with their warranty card, you get a 3 yrs warranty. From all I read, these 4WD Polaris unite (9450,
9550, etc) don’t have this stuck drain issue, the 9650 is supposed to be the 9550 with WiFi which I can benefit from while traveling. Hope to pickup one from Leslie’s for just under $1,500 with a $75 rebate through March 2019. Not to mention the Polaris cord is 70 ft, about 20 ft longer than my Dolphin.

Don't think you will go wrong with that cleaner and the extended warranty from Leslies.

Don't think you will go wrong with that cleaner and the extended warranty from Leslies.

Picked up the P965iQ from Leslie’s this afternoon. Their exclusive 3 year extended warranty was a significant benefit as any unit purchased online wouldn’t have any manufacturer warranty. Seems I need a Leslie’s Warranty ID #, but I’ve been unable to locate it on my receipt. Hope I call tomorrow to get it from them.

Picked up the P965iQ from Leslie’s this afternoon. Their exclusive 3 year extended warranty was a significant benefit as any unit purchased online wouldn’t have any manufacturer warranty. Seems I need a Leslie’s Warranty ID #, but I’ve been unable to locate it on my receipt. Hope I call tomorrow to get it from them.

Good choice, let me know how you like it.

Good choice, let me know how you like it.

Leslie’s system updated today and reflected my 3 year warranty certificate. A very smooth purchase and warranty registration process overall. Even used my rewards to get a fine/silt filter.

Got to test the robot once, but will likely store it until next season, continuing to use my Dolphin this season as we’re not swimming much anymore due to weather change. Was impressed by how well it worked and especially how easily it tackled my main drains. Will be nice to finally be able to run a schedule, leave the house and not come home to find the cleaner stopped after spinning 99% of the cycle on a drain.

Leslie’s system updated today and reflected my 3 year warranty certificate. A very smooth purchase and warranty registration process overall. Even used my rewards to get a fine/silt filter.

Got to test the robot once, but will likely store it until next season, continuing to use my Dolphin this season as we’re not swimming much anymore due to weather change. Was impressed by how well it worked and especially how easily it tackled my main drains. Will be nice to finally be able to run a schedule, leave the house and not come home to find the cleaner stopped after spinning 99% of the cycle on a drain.

Glad to hear, if you have security cameras on your pool and can access them remotely as well, you can literally control your cleaner with the remote on the phone app from anywere in the world by watching it move via the camera feed, that is if you were away you can see what it's doing and steer it or move it as you see fit, there will be some latency, but it's nice to know what it's doing.

Glad to hear, if you have security cameras on your pool and can access them remotely as well, you can literally control your cleaner with the remote on the phone app from anywere in the world by watching it move via the camera feed, that is if you were away you can see what it's doing and steer it or move it as you see fit, there will be some latency, but it's nice to know what it's doing.

Yes, I am able to monitor my pool remotely. Only if I were away, had the cleaner in the pool and running on a daily schedule, could still run the risk of cord tangling...but wouldn’t be local to deal with it. Will experiment more next season with best cord routing path to minimize risk of tangling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.