Robotic Pool Cleaner for Above Ground Pool - Suggestions!

Jul 19, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Hi all,

It'd be great to get some advice on which robotic pool cleaner to get. I've had a few Hayward filter side vacuums (that awful lady bug) that were left over from the previous owner, that have just not worked for me. First, my above ground pool is built into a deck and it's a painful and manual process to connect the vacuum, turn off the filter, etc. I always seem to lose pump prime as well. It also does not get around to the entire pool and always stalls. I believe this is due to low pressure and an old vinyl liner that has its fair share of ridges and bumps

Being said, would a robotic pool cleaner work any better? I'd really love the use of ease with a robot and I think it'd be helpful as we have a lot of trees around our pool, and our filter is always pushed to the limits to keep up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good robotic vacuums for small(er) above ground pool that gets a good amount of debris? I will still manually clean daily, but hoping this will help keep the pool cleaner and help keep the water healthy.

Thanks!

Above Ground Pool - Hayward Sand Filter - 15K gallons - vinyl liner (with some ridges and bumps)

I've heard good things about the Dolphin E10, but I was just wondering if it's really $200 better than an Aquabot. I still do a good amount of manual cleaning, so just wondering the big advantages (I have read that there is a finer filter, but you'd have to buy separately).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.