Robotic Cleaner for Freeform Pool with Stairs and Bench

Dec 10, 2020
North Texas
I have a fairly large freeform pool with stairs and a long bench. My Polaris 3900 died and I'm considering the Dolphin robotic cleaners.

Are these cleaners able to cope with my type of pool? Are there certain models that are better equipped? The Maytronics site doesn't have good tools for choosing appropriate models.

Vinnie,

I have three Dolphin robots and love them..

That said, none of them will climb stairs or do benches... That does not mean that they won't get up on a step or two or get on your long bench at all, it just means you can't reply on them to keep it clean..

I just sweep my stairs into the pool and the robot takes care of the rest.

I use this one...

It comes with no bells or whistles.. If you want the noise, you can spend more and get them, but it will not really keep your pool any cleaner.

Suggest you call Margaret and see which robot is the best for your pool... They can be hard to get a hold of as they work 10 am until 5 pm Colorado time.

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hello :wave:

No robot will go up more stairs then the robot can remain in water (the water intake is what propels it). My robot will go up two stairs but not the top two.

This seemed like a helpful chart to me (the top highlighting features)

All you need is an outlet near the pool to plug it in to.

Maddie :flower:

Mine never has <shrug> They're pretty good about turning themselves around.

Another great feature is wall climbing- the brushes help you brush your pool's walls. That's a job that people often neglect to do as often as it ought to be done.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.