Robot Recommendations for large abg

Mar 30, 2015
NC
Hello All!

We have recently replaced our liner and installed a bottom drain in our 30' round above ground. We are in need of a new vacuum head at the least (the bristles are falling out) but while I'm spending money I thought about researching for a robot. The problem I am seeing is that most of the hoses aren't long enough. Perhaps I've missed some? Any advice is helpful. How do these handle the drain in the bottom of the pool?

Thanks so much in advance!

I think you'll love, love, love, having a robot instead of vacuuming manually. I would recommend this one: Dolphin E10 Series Robotic Cleaner - Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast
It's for agp and I have the in ground version and if it died, I'd buy a new one right away. I've had two friends buy these and they are super happy. I haven't manually vacuumed my pool since I got it 3 years ago. The best part is it scrubs the walls for you too! It comes with a fine filter but I would also spend the money and but the ultra fine filter. The one it comes with is great for leaves and larger stuff but the ultra fine really gets even the smallest pieces of dirt.
Don't get a suction side cleaner for your pool. I had one for my prior agp b/c I didn't know about the robots (I would have cheaped out anyway). But for double the price it's 100x better. Also, it will last much longer (that's from my experience with both). Also it handles acorns great! That was a major factor for me.

Mine gets caught on the drain for a few minutes before it changes direction and moves off of it. It's never been stuck where I needed to move it.

I think you'll love, love, love, having a robot instead of vacuuming manually. I would recommend this one: Dolphin E10 Series Robotic Cleaner - Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast
It's for agp and I have the in ground version and if it died, I'd buy a new one right away. I've had two friends buy these and they are super happy. I haven't manually vacuumed my pool since I got it 3 years ago. The best part is it scrubs the walls for you too! It comes with a fine filter but I would also spend the money and but the ultra fine filter. The one it comes with is great for leaves and larger stuff but the ultra fine really gets even the smallest pieces of dirt.
Don't get a suction side cleaner for your pool. I had one for my prior agp b/c I didn't know about the robots (I would have cheaped out anyway). But for double the price it's 100x better. Also, it will last much longer (that's from my experience with both). Also it handles acorns great! That was a major factor for me.

Mine gets caught on the drain for a few minutes before it changes direction and moves off of it. It's never been stuck where I needed to move it.
Thanks so much! I wonder how it would do around the ladder?

Thanks so much! I wonder how it would do around the ladder?
It won't be able to get behind it but if it runs into it, it will stay there for a few seconds (maybe 30?) and then change direction. When it gets to a wall it just climbs the wall. But with the ladder, it will just change direction. When you swim, the water will be mixed up behind the ladder just from getting in our out of the water. You could always brush behind the ladder once a week if you wanted to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.