Robot pool vac and water turnover

sgterik

Mar 31, 2020
Arizona
I am looking at ways to reduce my VSP from running on high and such and to increase my flow I am looking to open all my intakes and have all my inlets open. I figure more ins and outs is best way to improve flow. My question is that I have been told that I need to turnover my pool volume once a day. Pool is over 30K gallons. Does the water that goes through a robot vac count as turnover? The Ultra fine basket removes down to under 5 microns and my sand filter using zeolite is down to 5 microns at best I believe.

It is in many of the beginner/pool school topics that pool turnovers are a thing of the past and not a concern for residential pools. Run the pump enough to mix chemicals (or add if SWG) and keep the surface as clean as you want it to be. I run mine about 8hrs on low speed during summer because of plants, trees, dog hair.

OMGosh yes you need to turn that pump puppy down!!! You've been misled about "turnover" as it really isn't a thing. Old wives tale and all that!
Turn the pump speed down to as low as it still gets skimming done, and the pool still looks good. If you find its too low, just take it up again by 100rpm. Many folks with VS pumps run them on a low speed 24/7

All circulation is good circulation, so yes, the water going thru the robot helps :)

You don't mention if you have a salt water device? If so, you just need the rpm's to be high enough to trigger it.

Everything said above, forget turnover. A clean and clear pool is a cleaned pool. As to your robot question, yes, it is taking a good bit of load off your filter and counts towards filtering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.