Robot - long term durability? Parts availability? Compatibility with salt pool?

Nov 23, 2007
I've searched the forums and found that most people love their robots. And combing through all the different models has given me a headache. I'll call Marina pool & spa to get their take. I have a salt water 22,000 gal in-ground gunite pool and have a few questions:

* It's hard to tell when some of these models were designed. Should I be looking for some new Dolphin models that were designed in the last year or two? I think the S200 and S300 are 2018 models? Do new models have better designs? I think I read that some newer ones have super efficient motors compared to older ones. Again, just hard to tell with all these models.

* I'm replacing my 15 year old Polaris 280. I work on things myself, so I replaced the booster pump myself years ago. I've used the rebuild kit and rebuilt the 280. Is there public access to replacement parts and even rebuild kits for Dolphin robots?

* As I said, my 280 has lived in my salt pool 24/7x365 for 15 years. Yep, she has no more body panels and has finally given up. Does anyone have any long term durability results, especially with a salt pool? Am I going to end up replacing it in 3 years?

The thought of putting this electrical appliance inside my pool gives me the chills. As long as it's not actively cleaning, I guess there's no electricity going to it.

Thanks,
Robert

i have similar setup, with 18K gal pool. Spent countless hours on comparing nautilus cc plus on amazon and called Marina as other recommended. Their price is too low and with no sales tax they are the best winner in my opinion.
Debated between Dolphin S200 ($720) and Pentair Warrior SE ($699). Based on few recommendation i may end up purchasing Warrior SI ($749) tomorrow. The rebate may be denied. but that is ok. Still cheaper than Amazon.
In terms of parts the motor and the power unit seems to be expensive. All others are available and reasonable.

Try purchasing using a credit card with extended warranty

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.