Robot Comparison

Aug 18, 2016
Norfolk, VA
Hi Everyone,

I was looking at a used robot vacuum and that fell through so I started looking at new. Which of these would be the best deal and why? I have a 18x36ft 8ft vinyl Grecian hopper style pool with center steps.

I plan on getting a 4 year extended warranty with any of the purchases as well. Which one would you recommend?

Just got a Dolphin Nautilus 99996323. Works amazingly well. Cleans better than I've been able to ever clean by myself with a manual vac. Easy to empty and rinse out. $599 from Doheny with free overnight shipping.

I purchased the first Dolphin Nautilus you listed in 2014 and it is still going strong. If it died, I would probably go with the second one you posted. Top load and lighter would be nice.

I have no experience or opinion on the other 2.

An S series (or equivalent) Dolphin is a great robot. Too loading baskets are just super-simple to clean.

I would not worry about a swivel-cord, just one more thing to break. My S300i has just a regular cord and it's never tangled. With cords, it's all about how you wind it up and care for them.

I'd get a model that either has a caddy or just get the caddy separately. Unless you plan to have the robot live in your pool 24/7, caddy's are great for storage and quickly moving then around.

Most reviews I've seen on here of the Polaris robots are not kind. Problems abound.

Don't know anything about the Hayward unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.