Bottlecapr

May 2, 2020
Indianapoiis, Indiana
I have a 25 year old 13x32 white fiberglass pool. Every year my floor and sidewalls have the chalky substance. Water is crystal clear until swimmers get in and stir the floor up. A few months into the swim season and backwashing several times (water looks like milk when backwashing!). It’s not nearly as bad.

With an all white pool this drives me crazy🤣. You can imagine seeing every little piece of dirt in pool.
Currently I do not own a pool cleaner.
Would a robot cleaner such as the warrior se scrub and trap my chalky substance?
Need to purchase a cleaner anyway.

Sounds like the gel coat has come off and you are getting pieces of the fiberglass coming off.. Is the shell solid and still have the gel coat on it?

As far as a robot cleaning, it should get it all.. If you have the fine cartridges in it then it should get everything... "should" meaning it may or may not work to get everything.. :)

I would think it would do good :)

It sure sounds like you need to new gel coat installed on the fiberglass.. Boats need to be pulled out of the water and re gel coated after about 10 years or more... Is it still shiny and slick or chalky?

That white that you are seeing is probably the gel coat coming off... Once that starts coming off you will be getting into the fiberglass.. that is when it will start blistering and falling apart and you really do not want that..

I had a boat and know about gel coat but I have never fixed it before.. There are people who do it every day and there should be someone near you that could fix it... Probably last another 25 years :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.